Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!





















Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! We sure have ALOT to be thankful for in this wonderful United States of America!! I always think of the brave men and women in our military, far from home and loved ones, they are always protecting our freedom. I am so thankful for their sacrifices, please remember them, especially during the Holidays.



We have had a busy month - 2 retreats at the beginning of November. We had a great time, met a whole bunch of stitchers - the ladies had a really fun weekend with us. We enjoyed seeing them all - some we met for the first time and we can finally put a face to the voice on the phone or the email writer. Jessie has the pictures on our facebook page.......you should check them out and see what a fun and crazy weekend we had!


We have a new Mystery sampler in the shop. It is by La-D-Da. Comes in 3 parts - it is a reproduction sampler with a La-D-Da twist!! I have already stitched part 1.......waiting for the next part to come in. It is fun to stitch - you start from the bottom and work your way up!! The thread colors are so pretty!!


We also have a really neat Limited Edition kit from JBW designs - Santa's Sleigh Ride. it was quick and easy to stitch. I added a red bead on the reindeer's nose. (Rudolph is my favorite reindeer!!).


Holly is taking sign ups for our 2012 Ornament club. She has some really cute designs picked out. It will get you a head start for your Christmas tree next year! Call or email the shop for more information on this fun monthly club!!


I am going to add some pictures..............ornament club, JBW Santa's Sleigh Ride, La-D-Da's Mystery Sampler and my family Thanksgiving picture. My camera had broken about a month ago.............so I had to get another one (I do not like change, so it took a bit to pick one out). These are pictures taken with the new camera.........I am still learning how to use all the buttons and levers!!


I will do my best to update the blog more often. I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Please take time to stitch during the Holiday Season..............it is very hectic and busy.........stitching helps to ease the stress. And as Holly reminded me today - only 30 days til Christmas!!!!



Take Care,

Margaret and all the "merry elves"at Cecilia's













































No comments: